Progress update and DT:Labs lecture preview

Hi all,

Another quick update on progress.

I’m happy to say all video lectures on the next course are recorded, edited and ready to go. I’m just writing up the final few text lectures for DegreeTutors:Labs. You can see an example of one of the lectures below - every course lecture will be written up like this and eventually every lecture in every DegreeTutors course. As you can imagine there was quite a lot of work involved in doing this for the next dynamics course…hence the relatively long production time…I expect this to speed up for future courses.

Since my last post, I’ve decided to take out the section on tuned mass dampers. To properly develop this topic for MDoF systems actually requires quite a bit more work - I’ll return to this in the future but didn’t want to delay the course any further. I will release the lectures I have recorded for TMDs applied to SDoF systems as a self-contained Python mini-project in the next few weeks. I also want to get a project out on the Duhamel integral - again both of these will have full write-ups on Labs.

I’ll be back in touch soon with a launch announcement and details about how premium members access their Labs account.

Thanks for your patience.
Speak soon.

Seán