New Python 'mini' project - Shear Force and Bending Moment Calculator

Hi DegreeTutors Members,

I hope you’re all doing well and having some downtime over the summer.

Just a quick message to let you know that I’ve added a new Python project to the course library (you should see it in your dashboard now).

In this project we build a shear force and bending moment diagram calculator for statically determinate beams. It’s a simple enough little tool, but comes in handy for the surprisingly large number of times you need to produce a shear and moment diagram for a simple beam.

Although this runs to nearly three hours of video - this isn’t a course per se. It’s more a mini-project where we walk through building a helpful little tool. This is something I’ll be experimenting with in addition to big flagship courses. Let me know if you like this format but rest assured big beefy courses are still the main priority.

Another nice addition in this project is the use of Plotly for plotting - this gives us a lot of nice additional functionality ‘out of the box’. Another benefit of more frequent mini-projects is that I can surface tools like this more frequently as I come across them.

Well that’s all for now. Announcement on the next big course coming soon - I’ll keep you posted as the plans form up.

All the best,
Seán