DegreeTutors progress update - October

Hi all,

I want to update you on the progress I’m making with various different DegreeTutors projects. I’m always amazed at how fast time flies - can’t believe it’s been 2 weeks since I published the development roadmap.

So, here’s what’s been happening…

MDoF Dynamics course
Progressing well - nearly finished recording all lectures. As you know, this course will launch with a full text version for members - this is quite an additional workload on top of the usual tasks associated with building a new course. But I think it’s going to make for much easier referencing of course material later. It was only while taking a course myself (technical but not engineering) that I realised just how helpful having a text version is.

DegreeTutors:Labs
Development ongoing here - still on track to launch in line with the dynamics course (this is where the text version of the course will live.) I now have all videos for every course and Python project available inside the member’s area. There’s also a searchable lecture index now.

What I’m most excited about here is the ability to start offering members other learning tools through this hub - beyond course content. Lots of plans here - checkout the dev roadmap to see what’s in the pipeline here. I’ll be reaching out to some of you to beta test the log-in functionality and general user experience over the next few weeks.

Website refresh
Perhaps not that impactful for you - but I’ve also been working on refreshing the design of the DegreeTutors website.

So, needless to say, it’s a busy time with lots happening behind the scenes. With a little luck, you’ll start to see the fruits of these efforts in the next few weeks.

Thanks again to everyone for your continued support.

Speak soon,
Seán