15. Exporting structural supports

Questions and discussion for this lecture live here. Fire away by hitting Reply below :fire:

So I ran the script number 2 to export, and I get this error message
Python: Traceback (most recent call last):
File “H:\HangersFEA.blend\2 Restraint Export”, line 46, in
File “<array_function internals>”, line 180, in append
File “C:\Program Files\Blender Foundation\Blender 3.6\3.6\python\lib\site-packages\numpy\lib\function_base.py”, line 5444, in append
return concatenate((arr, values), axis=axis)
File “<array_function internals>”, line 180, in concatenate
ValueError: all the input arrays must have same number of dimensions, but the array at index 0 has 2 dimension(s) and the array at index 1 has 1 dimension(s)

is this a problem with my drawing? I tried both masks [1,1,1,0,0,0], and all 1’s

OH! I figured it out, I have two parallel nodes, I should have just put a single line of nodes

Just logged on to answer you’re question and see that you’ve sorted it - great!

One thing I would suggest is completing the course before working on your own structure (expecially if it’s a beefy structure - like yours :slight_smile: ). I know it’s a long course, but you’ll likely have a smoother time analysing your own structures after you’ve worked through the course from start to finish.

S

1 Like

I initially was writing the code directly into my Blender dwg files I wanted to work on… but nope, you’re right. taken a step back to build up gradually following your instructions. Even simple things like the path names on a shared computer system are tripping me up. There is also the difference between global and local objects and many objects in one file that can mess this whole thing up. lesson learned LOL. I took a many year break from engineering and just this one course has been so helpful to get me back up to speed.

1 Like